Spotlamp for day-active species Creates a local hot spot for basking species Provides light and heat and increases ambient air temperature Encourages natural thermo-regulatory behaviour
Select an appropriate colour lamp to emphasise the features of your set-up and to simulate your animal's natural environment. Make sure that the wattage is appropriate for the animal and enclosure size and construction.
Use in an approved fitting of the correct type. Mount the light directly above the basking site approximately 1/3 from one end of the tank to create a temperature gradient allowing natural thermo-regulatory behaviour.
The use of a dimming thermostat is highly recommended to prevent overheating. The use of a guard is essential to ensure that your animal cannot get burnt.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR FITTING, REPLACEMENT AND DISPOSAL
- Ensure that the electricity supply is switched off
- Check that the bulb type and wattage is compatible with the fitting
- Allow the bulb to cool down before handling
- If in any doubt, consult a qualified electrician
- Please dispose of lamps and packaging in a responsible manner