We are looking for a full-time member of staff to join our team.
The Reptile Hotel is a specialist reptile store based in Birtley. Our modern state of the art store is well known for its outstanding service and attention to detail, we provide tailored setups and support for our customers to ensure they have everything they need to provide the best care for their pets.
We are looking for an experienced store assistant, that is confident in working with reptiles. You don’t need to know it all, we all learn something new every day and your knowledge will continue to expand over time, but a basic understanding of the fundamentals will be a big help.
The perfect candidate will have the following;
- A can-do attitude
- The ability to work hard in a busy environment.
- The ability to share key information with customers in a friendly and informative manner.
- Comfortable handling reptiles, including snakes and invertebrates where necessary.
- Be punctual and mindful of time.
- Have a great outgoing personality.
Day-to-day jobs will include but are not limited to.
- Caring for the animals we have in store, cleaning out enclosures and setting up new ones.
- Serving customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Helping build setups for our customers.
- Keep our shelves stocked and putting orders away in a timely manner.
- Keeping the store and back-office areas tidy and clean.
- Helping place orders with our suppliers
- Responding to customers via email, phone, and social media
- Packing online orders
- Supporting the overall running and management of the store.
Working hours are from 9:30am till closing, with a guaranteed 35 hours per week split over 5 days, including Saturday. The role is paid at national minimum wage, you will also receive FREE livefoods and frozen foods to look after any reptiles you have at home as well cost based pricing on all other goods, not to mention the free tea & coffee too!
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter, please ensure the title of your email is “Store Specialist”.
Applications close on the 1st of September
If you have any questions please reach out via email.
Please follow the above instructions, your application will not be considered any other way.